- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
Using xAPI to Collect Learning Data from Simulations
Learning Solutions Conference & Expo 2017 - March 22, 2017
Senior Director, Simulation, eLearning & Innovation
American College of Chest Physicians
Education providers know that taking online courses isn’t the only way to learn. They want to invent new learning formats and experiences that better meet their members’ needs. However, the types of learning opportunities trackable by traditional learning management systems (LMSs) is limited. The Experience API (xAPI) specification is flexible enough to track a wide range of experiences, but it’s a new technology, and barriers to adoption still exist.
In this session, you will learn how the American College of Chest Physicians (CHEST) uses xAPI to collect learning data from high-fidelity medical simulations, giving you a roadmap to adoption within your own organization. See how, in its Difficult Airway Management live-learning course, CHEST uses xAPI to send activity statements from Laerdal simulators to a learning record store (LRS) in its CourseStage Health LMS.
In this session, you will learn:
- About the opportunities xAPI creates for education providers
- About the advantages and disadvantages of xAPI compared to earlier technologies like SCORM
- How to decide what you want to track, and how to translate those objectives into xAPI activity statements
- About technological best practices for building your API
- Which factors to consider when choosing a learning record store (LRS)
Intermediate to advanced developers, directors, and senior leaders (VP, CLO, executive, etc.). To gain the most benefit, attendees should be generally familiar with professional education, learning management systems, and SCORM. Technical and/or programming knowledge may also be beneficial, but is not necessary for comprehension.
discussed in this session:
Experience API, REST, JSON, CourseStage QIE, CourseStage Health LMS, Moodle LMS, ADL LRS, Learning Locker, and Laerdal Airway Management Trainer.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- eLearning Instructional Designer
- Content Writer
- Learning & Performance Analyst
Oklahoma City, OK
- Learning Experience Manager, Technology & Operations
Foster City, CA
- Technical Training Specialist
Reading, PA (Can be any Company location in N. America)