- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
Motivating Learners with Autonomy, Mastery, and Purpose
Learning Solutions Conference & Expo 2017 - March 22, 2017
Head of eLearning Evangelism
Traditional eLearning can be dull and demotivating, a reality that runs counter to human nature. People eagerly consume and comprehend new ideas whenever they find the content engaging. They want eLearning that leverages learners’ innate desire for autonomy, mastery, and purpose.
This session will explore the underlying reasons that learning motivates or demotivates learners. You will learn how to integrate motivating strategies into your learning content design. You will see examples of these strategies applied to specific course content, from simple interactions, knowledge checks, and gamification to broader decisions like varied delivery and completion options. You’ll learn methods to leverage the inherent desire to demonstrate mastery by creating social engagement opportunities to promote peer learning and an enhanced culture of learning.
In this session, you will learn:
- About what motivates and demotivates learners
- Principles for motivating through autonomy, mastery, and purpose
- How to encourage a culture of learning
- How to create interactive conversations that encourage autonomy
- How to create gamification that encourages mastery
Novice to advanced designers, developers, project managers, managers, and directors.
discussed in this session:
Adobe Captivate and Adobe Captivate Prime.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Desginer - II
Los Angeles, California
- Sr. Learning Technology Liaison - Travelers Insurance
- TECHNOLOGY ENABLED LEARNING PROJECT SPECIALIST
- Learning Technology Support
- Instructional Designer/Learning Program Manager