- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
Incorporating Web Design Trends into eLearning
Learning Solutions Conference & Expo 2017 - March 22, 2017
Learning Design Specialist
In L&D, keeping people engaged and interested in the content you’re sharing with them is one of your primary goals. But in order to ensure what you’re designing feels fresh and current, it’s important to look for inspiration not just within the L&D industry, but in other industries that have similar goals. And one of the most innovative sources you can look to is web design. Like in L&D, web designers need to catch and keep the attention of a busy and easily distracted audience, and the design trends that have sprung up in this industry can help you find new ways to reach the people you’re creating content for.
In this session, you’ll explore how to incorporate some of the latest web design trends into your eLearning to improve learner engagement and user experience. You’ll learn more about web trends such as flat design, full screen backgrounds, simplicity, cinemagraphs, and parallax/vertical scrolling, and how they all increase the opportunity for people to connect with content. Not only that, but you’ll also look at how these trends can be adapted for your own learning and performance support projects.
In this session, you will learn:
- About the advantages of borrowing from web design trends and using them as inspiration
- How to implement web design trends without losing focus on effective learning
- How to use visuals to direct attention to what is important
- How to adapt parallax scrolling and other web navigation trends to eLearning courses
- How to create opportunities to make emotional connections through good visual design
Novice to intermediate designers and developers.
discussed in this session:
eLearning authoring tools such as MS PowerPoint, Adobe Captivate, and Articulate (general).
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Design Coordinator
Oak Brook, IL
- eLearning Developer
Albany, New York, USA
- Instructional Designer - Global Sales Development
Costa Mesa, CA or remote
- Instructional Designer / Digital Product Development
- Instructional Designer (Epic)