- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
Reach Your Target Audience by Exposing Hidden Assumptions
Learning Solutions Conference & Expo 2017 - March 24, 2017
Senior Instructional Designer
Training professionals typically fall along a continuum with varying levels of access to their target audience. That amount of access often influences, consciously or not, the techniques they use to analyze their audience. Without adequate awareness of this continuum and where they fall on it, designers risk depending on their own assumptions about their target audience and may end up overlooking more effective analysis strategies that can improve training.
In this session, you’ll discover where you fall along this continuum, identifying your own level of access to your target audience, and find out how unexamined assumptions about your audience may be impacting your training design. Based on that information, you’ll explore tips, tricks, and techniques drawn from case studies for how you can reach your audience more effectively. In this knowledge-sharing session, you’ll also uncover how techniques used by other L&D professionals can have a bearing on your design decisions, allowing you to better serve your audience.
In this session, you will learn:
- Where you fall along a continuum, identifying your level of access to your target audience
- How unexamined assumptions about your audience may be impacting your training design
- Tips, tricks, and techniques for how you can reach your audience more effectively
- How techniques used by other L&D professionals can uncover previously missed opportunities to better serve your learners
Novice to intermediate designers and developers.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- eLearning Instructional Designer
- Content Writer
- Learning & Performance Analyst
Oklahoma City, OK
- Learning Experience Manager, Technology & Operations
Foster City, CA
- Technical Training Specialist
Reading, PA (Can be any Company location in N. America)