- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
How Comcast Rethought Onboarding to Drive Performance and Retention: A Case Study
Learning Solutions Conference & Expo 2017 - March 23, 2017
VP, Business Services College
Imagine leading a national division that’s hiring hundreds of people a year. You have a structured onboarding program and the jobs are attractive, but there are high levels of attrition and the onboarding program is being applied inconsistently. Local managers are also inconsistent in how they take responsibility for onboarding their new hires and say they’re too busy to change. How do you shift what you’re doing to make your onboarding more effective and help retain new employees?
In this session, you’ll explore the options Comcast and Prosell Learning considered in this very situation, and the components that came together to provide a successful solution to their challenges of distance, distribution, and accountability. You’ll learn more about how they leveraged technology to provide a 24/7 accessible platform for learning materials, alongside a mentorship program that gave new hires check-ins, feedback, and support. You’ll also find out how they solved for the technical challenges of deploying new technology, as well as the company culture hurdle of defining and getting buy-in to new levels of measured accountability.
In this session, you will learn:
- How new mobile technologies can provide targeted and convenient learning moments
- How managing change is an integral part of new initiatives
- That local leadership coaching activities can elevate performance and accountability
- How mobile technologies can work alongside an LMS and other enterprise technology to provide a nimble learning experience
- How collaboration and learning support can deliver higher performance than solely self-directed solutions
Novice to advanced, designers, managers, directors, and senior leaders (VP, CLO, executive, etc.).
discussed in this session:
Web app, SaaS, and performance support technology.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join to download these files.
Back to Library