- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
Putting Learners on the Edge with Interactive Stories
Learning Solutions Conference & Expo 2017 - March 22, 2017
Chief Learning Architect
Too many eLearning courses are just data dumps full of facts, details, and nonessential content. These kinds of courses also often lack the necessary context to explain how all this information applies to the real world, making them both boring and ineffective. eLearning should be redesigned to better reach the audience and share content with them in a way that’s engaging and practical. And one simple but effective way to do that is through interactive stories.
Interactive stories instantly add meaning to your content. In this session, you’ll explore how you can use them to redesign your eLearning lessons so they engage learners and help them actually use what they’ve learned. You’ll find out how to craft experiences that will make your audience better appreciate the content in your eLearning and have an easier time recalling and applying it in their day-to-day work. Furthermore, you’ll get to see real examples of interactive stories in use for compliance, sales, orientation, manufacturing, and other common training situations.
In this session, you will learn:
- How to find interactive stories that match the facts of your content
- How to construct emotionally driven content
- Why short and emotional interactive stories can be more effective than long, narrative storytelling
- How to identify and edit out unnecessary content so your stories can focus on the absolute musts
- How to cut your costs and develop interactive stories rapidly
Novice to intermediate designers and managers.
discussed in this session:
Demos will use Articulate Storyline, Adobe Captivate, and/or HTML5.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Design Coordinator
Oak Brook, IL
- eLearning Developer
Albany, New York, USA
- Instructional Designer - Global Sales Development
Costa Mesa, CA or remote
- Instructional Designer / Digital Product Development
- Instructional Designer (Epic)