- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
xAPI: A Swiss Army Knife for Your Learning Environment
Learning Solutions Conference & Expo 2017 - March 24, 2017
The Experience API (xAPI) can improve the ways you create and deliver content, track interactions, and measure performance—and not just in theory. Years of momentum have resulted in numerous use cases for teams seeking to leverage xAPI to better track, measure, and manage their learning efforts. The challenge now is not whether xAPI can be used in your learning environment, but which ways you will choose to use it out of the multitude of options available to you.
This session will discuss what xAPI really is and how it’s being put into use today. You’ll explore how progressive teams are leveraging xAPI to improve learning, streamline tracking, automate tasks, and drive engagement via modern authoring tools and an LRS. You’ll also look at how LMSs are undergoing transformations to support these trends as well. Throughout this talk, you’ll uncover how authoring tools, LMS platforms, mobile apps, and IoT endpoints are being connected to leverage the power of xAPI. You’ll even take a closer look at the basic challenges teams face in implementing xAPI. Armed with knowledge and the proverbial Swiss Army knife of xAPI functions, this session will help you begin to “slice, saw, tweeze, and pick” your way through any training obstacles you face.
In this session, you will learn:
- Which authoring tools and learning platforms best take advantage of xAPI and cmi5
- What the basic structural and design tenets of an xAPI-based solution are, and the best-practice approach to implementing them
- About new use cases to apply tracking to nontraditional learning assignments and interactions
- About technical challenges you’ll need to overcome with LMS integration, security, mobile, and more
- About the importance of cmi5 and its future impact on learning
Intermediate to advanced designers and developers.
discussed in this session:
Examples of how xAPI is used within a variety of content authoring tools, how statements are collected using both integrated and remote learning record stores (LRSs), and how xAPI statements can be applied to traditional training and informal learning interactions.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- National Learning Specialist - Instructional Design
King of Prussia, PA
- Instructional Designer
- eLearning Instructional Designer
- Content Writer
- Learning & Performance Analyst
Oklahoma City, OK