- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
Research Says: Current Research to Inform Practice
Learning Solutions Conference & Expo 2017 - March 22, 2017
Assistant Director for Learning Design, College of Earth and Mineral Sciences
Penn State University
During design and development, SMEs and stakeholders sometimes suggest ideas or practices that are antithetical to good instructional design. For example, a designer might have a stakeholder who believes it’s best to simply film a daylong stand-up training session and deliver it as one video. In this case, like so many others, it’s helpful for the designer to identify research findings to help them understand why learning should be designed differently.
In this session, you will learn the most current research regarding multimedia, visual design/usability, and assessment in eLearning. Framed as a story, this session will use scenarios in which research is used to make design decisions, and attendees will receive a list of places to look for current research to inform eLearning practices. You will receive a list of current research findings and assessments, learn how to identify how and where research is best cited for an SME, and learn how to apply findings to your design and development process.
In this session, you will learn:
- To cite research in three areas—multimedia, visual design/usability, and assessment
- To successfully use research to make data-driven decisions for design and development
- To find sources of eLearning research
- To conduct a research-based discussion with SMEs
Novice and intermediate developers and managers.
discussed in this session:
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Desginer - II
Los Angeles, California
- Sr. Learning Technology Liaison - Travelers Insurance
- TECHNOLOGY ENABLED LEARNING PROJECT SPECIALIST
- Learning Technology Support
- Instructional Designer/Learning Program Manager