- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Mapping Out a Plan: Accurately Estimating Your Project Time Requirements
Learning Solutions Conference & Expo 2017 - March 24, 2017
Do you have a difficult time estimating how long a project should take? Do you typically go over your project time estimates, or have some projects that take a lot less time than you thought they would? Would you like to hold your team accountable to realistic time estimates, but don’t have the data to support it? If so, you need a new time-tracking approach so you can more accurately determine your time estimates for training projects.
This session will help you become stronger at creating precise and realistic time estimates for your projects. You’ll look at how to break down the time tracking requirements for your team. You’ll then see how using an Excel-based time tracking system can help you analyze your past projects to better understand the real time tasks take and more accurately create bottom-up time estimates. These skills will help you provide clear time estimates to your team and stakeholders for each training project and prevent you from committing to project timelines you actually can’t deliver on.
In this session, you will learn:
- How to break down your time tracking requirements for your team
- How an Excel-based time tracking system can help you create accurate project times
- How to analyze past data to determine comparative and bottom-up time estimates
- How this process can help you provide more precise project time estimates to your team and stakeholders
Novice to intermediate project managers and managers.
discussed in this session:
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Learning Experience Designer
- Learning Manager E-Learning - East Coast US
East Coast, USA
- Medical Billing Trainer
Fort Washington, PA
- Part-Time Instructional Designer/eLearning Developer
Boston, MA, USA
- Freelance ID/Technical Document Writer
Jersey City, New Jersey, US