- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
The Challenge of Change: Seven Action Principles for Learning Leaders
Learning Solutions Conference & Expo 2017 - March 23, 2017
Acting Director of Academic Programs
Stanford Center for Professional Development
Whether for an individual or an organization, learning is fundamentally about change—change in knowledge, in understanding, in wisdom, or in behavior. And change is challenging. It’s hard to change and to grow, and people often resist it. Anyone, therefore, who is in a learning leadership position and seeks to help their people and their organization grow must understand the dynamics of change.
In this session, you’ll first review common approaches to promoting and implementing individual and organizational change, as well as why they often fall short. Then you’ll flip the script to a more effective approach, summarized in seven action principles and illustrated with a variety of case studies and real-life stories. You’ll leave this session with a deeper understanding of the dynamics of change and with practical insights into how you can facilitate better and more effective learning-based change in your organization.
In this session, you will learn:
- How and why common approaches to promoting learning-based change fall short
- A more effective approach to promoting change, based on an understanding of the whole person
- Seven principles to put into action that can create more effective and lasting change and learning
- A deeper appreciation for the dynamics of change and learning
Novice to intermediate project managers, managers, directors, and senior leaders (VP, CLO, executive, etc.).
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Desginer - II
Los Angeles, California
- Sr. Learning Technology Liaison - Travelers Insurance
- TECHNOLOGY ENABLED LEARNING PROJECT SPECIALIST
- Learning Technology Support
- Instructional Designer/Learning Program Manager