- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
BYOL: Building Accessible eLearning in Captivate
Learning Solutions Conference & Expo 2017 - March 22, 2017
Varma Multimedia Learning
The Americans with Disability Act (ADA) requires that employers provide “reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants and employees.” But many instructional designers worry that accessible content will be less interactive and thus less effective. Others want to do more but don’t know where to begin. In the end, many often just create a printable text version of the content and call it good enough. You can and should do better than that for your learners.
In this session, you’ll learn how one of the tools you may already use, Adobe Captivate, can allow you to create engaging and interactive modules that also meet ADA standards and/or the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG). You’ll find out more about different levels of content accessibility and see how to use the Captivate accessibility tools to achieve them. You’ll also look at real examples that show how to adapt custom interactions, the ways you can test a module for accessibility, and additional resources that are available to help you make your content more accessible.
In this session, you will learn:
- Best practices for creating accessible content in Adobe Captivate
- How to build slides and interactions that are accessible to users with visual, hearing, and motor impairments
- How to identify device limitations or issues that may affect the accessibility of your project
- What options are available for converting non-accessible interactions to accessible ones
- What other resources are available for building and testing accessible content
Novice to intermediate designers and developers. Attendees should have a working knowledge of Captivate 8 or above.
discussed in this session:
Laptop running Adobe Captivate 8 or above.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- National Learning Specialist - Instructional Design
King of Prussia, PA
- Instructional Designer
- eLearning Instructional Designer
- Content Writer
- Learning & Performance Analyst
Oklahoma City, OK