- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
BYOL: Just Make It Look Pretty
Learning Solutions Conference & Expo 2017 - March 22, 2017
Caitlin Steinbach Locke
Performance Development Group
You’ve put hours and hours into analyzing content, spent days painstakingly storyboarding your product and drafting the scripts, carefully thought about the navigation choices—and yet you’re still met with “Great, but can you make it look nicer/better/modern/pretty?” when you show it to your client or stakeholders. What more can you do when you’ve utilized sound learning theory and development strategies, but you’re still expected to be a graphic designer on top of it all?
In this session, you’ll explore how the combination of just a few fundamental principles of design can make what you create look more coherent and fluid, even if you’re not a trained graphic designer yourself. You’ll learn how to analyze existing design, identify areas for improvement, and understand what principles and strategies can help you achieve a more aesthetically appealing design. Whether you consider yourself to have an aesthetic eye or not, these principals will enhance the presentation of your content in a way that will impress your audience and stakeholders.
In this session, you will learn:
- Basic principles of design that can quickly enhance your visual design skills
- How to analyze existing content and identify the weak areas of a design
- How to use design best practices to improve those weaknesses
- How to break down efficient designs into the fundamental design principles
Novice to intermediate designers and developers.
discussed in this session:
Microsoft PowerPoint and Apple Pages.
PC or Mac running PowerPoint or Pages.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Designer for Learning Platforms and Universal
Hamilton, NY, USA
- Distance Education Program Manager
Albany, New York, USA
- Learning Designers/Developers/Project Managers
- Sr. e-Learning Developer
- Technical Training and Development Specialist
Bedford, MA, USA