- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
The Path to Mastery Using Serious Games
Learning Solutions Conference & Expo 2017 - March 22, 2017
To support development of a graduate course on serious games at DePaul University, a yearlong study examined the questions to be addressed by this new mode of learning and assessments. Can you encourage people to experience failure in the spirit of learning? Can you build reflection and feedback loops into the learning process? Can you help people further develop their capacities for social interaction and collaborative problem-solving?
This session will review the current research from Northwestern University, Temple University, University of Wisconsin, and Rosalind Franklin University on how serious games will provide a pathway to mastery, and illuminate why serious games are disrupting current training and development methodologies. You will learn about the important features of this new training and learning, including engagement and technology approaches, the time to mastery, and the latest examples of serious games.
In this session, you will learn:
- How to encourage adults to experience failure in the spirit of learning
- How to build reflection and immediate feedback loops into the learning process
- How to facilitate adults to further develop their capacities for social interaction and collaborative problem-solving
- How to use natural language acquisition technology to engage your learners
Novice designers, developers, project managers, managers, directors, and senior leaders (VP, CLO, executive, etc.).
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- National Learning Specialist - Instructional Design
King of Prussia, PA
- Instructional Designer
- eLearning Instructional Designer
- Content Writer
- Learning & Performance Analyst
Oklahoma City, OK