- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Enabling a Blended Resuscitation Training Program with xAPI
Learning Solutions Conference & Expo 2017 - March 22, 2017
Director of Learning Technologies
Rapid responses to “Code Blue” resuscitation events are critical to patient outcomes. MedStar Health has developed several training interventions over time to improve performance, but data from these activities were captured in disparate tools or not collected at all. Without a centralized method for analyzing data, understanding the impacts of different elements of the training program was not possible. This illustrates a common problem in blended learning approaches.
This session will describe MedStar Health’s journey in developing an ecosystem of tools to collect and analyze data from multiple training interventions, including eLearning modules, instructor-led training, a part-task training app, and in situ simulations. You will learn how the Experience API (xAPI) and a learning record store (LRS) enabled this approach, and about the successes and challenges encountered in adopting these technologies. The session will also illustrate how aggregating data from these learning experiences provides insights into training effectiveness questions, such as how usage of the mobile part-task trainer affects performance in high-fidelity in situ simulations.
In this session, you will learn:
- How xAPI can enable a flexible ecosystem of learning technologies
- How to analyze multiple components of a blended learning solution
- Why it is critical to formulate meaningful questions early in the planning process
- About the challenges of adopting an LRS and the resources required to do so
Novice to intermediate project managers, managers, and directors with a basic understanding of xAPI.
in this session:
xAPI, Watershed LRS, mobile games, and Training Evidence Systems/xapiapps.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Designer for Learning Platforms and Universal
Hamilton, NY, USA
- Distance Education Program Manager
Albany, New York, USA
- Learning Designers/Developers/Project Managers
- Sr. e-Learning Developer
- Technical Training and Development Specialist
Bedford, MA, USA