- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
Collaborative Instructional Design in a Virtual Environment
Learning Solutions Conference & Expo 2017 - March 23, 2017
Instructional Designer (eLearning)
The benefits of collaboration are well known, and today the tools available to extend collaborative efforts across time and space (geography) are plentiful. However, merely having collaborative platforms doesn’t necessarily mean collaboration will happen.
This session will discuss successful, rapid learning design collaboration in a virtual remote work world. It will focus on roles, tools, and communication to leverage design capabilities to rapidly develop virtual learning aids and performance support. Examples of projects at various stages of development may be shared during this session (from storyboard to launch) to illustrate the process while discussing best practices. This session will explore collaborative instructional design in a virtual environment—specifically, how instructional design teams can work collaboratively while members are in geographically separate locations.
In this session, you will learn:
- About various communication tools that are advantageous to remote teams
- About best practices for remote collaboration
- About pitfalls to be avoided during remote collaboration
- Why clear delineation of tasks and roles is critical to project success
- About the benefits of remote collaboration
Novice to advanced designers, developers, project managers, and managers.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Designer
San Luis Obispo, CA
- Training Specialist
San Luis Obispo, CA
- Instructional Desginer - II
Los Angeles, California
- Sr. Learning Technology Liaison - Travelers Insurance
- TECHNOLOGY ENABLED LEARNING PROJECT SPECIALIST