- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
Leveraging Peer-to-Peer Learning in Your Ecosystem
Learning Solutions Conference & Expo 2017 - March 23, 2017
Learning 4 Learning Professionals
Modern learning and development strategies often seek to leverage peer-to-peer learning in one form or another; strategies include workplace collaboration, social media-based learning, personal networks, peer mentoring, and communities of practice, among others. L&D professionals may find, however, that promoting peer-to-peer learning is not as easy as enabling communication technologies and assigning roles. Learning leaders are sometimes surprised by inactive enterprise social networks and weak peer-to-peer support for learning.
This interactive session will discuss specific strategies for cultivating a peer learning community, including when and how to leverage technology and other community supports to enable and amplify peer-to-peer learning. Drawing from research and case studies on successful learning communities, the session will provide specific recommendations for cultivating social learning among employees who need encouragement and support to effectively engage peers as learning partners and resources.
In this session, you will learn:
- About key factors that influence the formation and strength of a peer learning community
- Specific strategies for cultivating a peer-to-peer community to promote learning
- About the responsibilities of community managers and sponsors in successful community-building efforts
- About potential barriers to peer-to-peer learning and strategies to mitigate them
Novice to advanced designers, managers, directors, and senior leaders (VP, CLO, executive, etc.) who have some experience with the challenges of promoting social learning in organizations.
discussed in this session:
Enterprise social networks, sharing platforms, learning spaces, and public social media.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Design Coordinator
Oak Brook, IL
- eLearning Developer
Albany, New York, USA
- Instructional Designer - Global Sales Development
Costa Mesa, CA or remote
- Instructional Designer / Digital Product Development
- Instructional Designer (Epic)