- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Making Future-Focused Platform Decisions with xAPI
Learning Solutions Conference & Expo 2017 - March 22, 2017
Head of Technology Innovation
UL Compliance to Performance
You’re excited about the promise of an xAPI-enabled world, but you have a learning management system (LMS) and a host of SCORM-based courses that you need. You’ll need to make some strategic decisions, stay flexible, and manage the transition over time. What if you could get the most out of both an LMS and a learning record store (LRS) at the same time as you move to your next-generation learning and performance infrastructure?
This session will quickly review what an LRS is and how it’s different from and similar to the LMS you already have. You’ll review your options when it comes to LRSs and how they work (or don’t work) with your LMS. Will you work with a stand-alone LRS? A front-end xAPI solution with a built-in LRS? Or an LRS that is aligned with your LMS and your current learning infrastructure? The decision you make here is a crucial one as you plot your organization’s course toward your next-generation learning ecosystem.
In this session, you will learn:
- How to identify the benefits of an LRS both in contrast to and in combination with your LMS
- How to evaluate your LRS options
- About potential options for your next-generation learning and performance infrastructure
- How to identify key partners in your business to engage as you migrate from SCORM to xAPI
Intermediate to advanced designers, developers, project managers, managers, and directors. A basic familiarity with xAPI will be helpful, as this session will not cover “what is xAPI.”
discussed in this session:
The Experience API (xAPI), learning record stores (LRSs), SCORM, and learning management systems (LMSs).
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Designer for Learning Platforms and Universal
Hamilton, NY, USA
- Distance Education Program Manager
Albany, New York, USA
- Learning Designers/Developers/Project Managers
- Sr. e-Learning Developer
- Technical Training and Development Specialist
Bedford, MA, USA