- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
Wrangling Projects: Taking Charge with Planning and Transparency
Learning Solutions Conference & Expo 2017 - March 24, 2017
Assistant Director of Online Learning and Innovation
Status update. Touch base. Weekly meetings. Scope creep. Project plans. Tasks. Milestones. Deliverables. All these things can overwhelm you when managing projects—but they don’t have to! It turns out there are ways to juggle and advance your numerous projects while at the same time maintaining a semblance of serenity.
In this session, you’ll find out more about the project planning techniques and tools that can help you manage and streamline your course development and projects. You’ll examine how both planning and communication contribute to project management, how dashboards and timelines work to bring order to chaos, and what real examples of these plans look like in easy-to-learn software like Smartsheet and Google Docs. You’ll walk away with tools and approaches to streamline your project planning, preserve your sanity, and take charge of your projects.
In this session, you will learn:
- Strategies for planning and communication when working on collaborative content development projects
- How to create a project status dashboard to keep stakeholders up-to-date
- How to create a high-level project timeline for your SME partners so they stay on track without getting overwhelmed by details
- How to create a project plan with milestone deadlines and tasks that align with a course development process
Novice to intermediate designers, project managers, managers, and directors.
discussed in this session:
Smartsheet and Google Docs.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Content Writer
- Learning & Performance Analyst
Oklahoma City, OK
- Learning Experience Manager, Technology & Operations
Foster City, CA
- Technical Training Specialist
Reading, PA (Can be any Company location in N. America)
- Instructional Designer