- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
Getting Started with eLearning Storyboards
Learning Solutions Conference & Expo 2017 - March 23, 2017
Chief NuggetHead and Owner
Storyboarding an eLearning project is a process. There is no right or wrong way to document the design of eLearning, and there is no rule that a project even needs to use the storyboarding process in some circumstances. Because of this, the choices for storyboarding techniques and procedures can be overwhelming if you’re new to the process, and it’s no surprise that some people decide to skip it entirely. But storyboarding can, in the long run, help your project development run smoother, encourage buy-in from your stakeholders or clients, and allow you to create projects you’re more satisfied with—it’s just a matter of determining a storyboarding process that works for you.
In this session, you’ll look at the essentials of eLearning storyboards and find out how to get started yourself. You’ll explore how storyboards are not just three-column documents or a deck of slides—they are a collection of documents that define every aspect of your project. This session will show you many of the storyboarding documents and procedures you can consider using in your own work, from a main storyboard that documents the instructional design to style guides, visual modeling, and more.
In this session, you will learn:
- About the essential documentation that goes into a storyboard
- About various storyboard documents that address different aspects of an eLearning project
- How style guides are an essential supporting storyboard document
- Why assessment storyboards are independent of the main storyboard
Novice designers and developers.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Desginer - II
Los Angeles, California
- Sr. Learning Technology Liaison - Travelers Insurance
- TECHNOLOGY ENABLED LEARNING PROJECT SPECIALIST
- Learning Technology Support
- Instructional Designer/Learning Program Manager