- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
Reimagining the New-Hire Experience for the Modern Learner
Learning Solutions Conference & Expo 2017 - March 23, 2017
Principal Learning Consultant
How do you take a traditional learning experience like new hire training and radically reimagine it for today’s learner? More importantly, why should you want to change your approach? There’s a growing consensus in the L&D industry that new employees learn more on the job than they do through formal learning events. Nonetheless, L&D is in a unique position to shape the experience of new employees from day one, which presents a prime opportunity to create a lasting impact as they begin their new roles.
In this session, you’ll learn how to plan and execute a transformation of your new hire experience. You’ll find out how to leverage the best in ed-tech to design a new-hire program that reflects how people learn not only at work, but in their daily lives as well. You’ll look at how this approach should change your design, such as how techniques like interactive video can connect new employees to both company culture and to experienced employees, and also go beyond tactical learning design techniques to better understand how to package and sell your new-hire vision to key business stakeholders.
In this session, you will learn:
- How video-based narratives can drive adoption of company culture
- Strategies for planning and executing a large-scale new-hire transformation
- Authentic ways to facilitate co-creation of knowledge among new employees
- Techniques for connecting new employees through social communities
- Tips for selling your vision to key business stakeholders
Intermediate designers, managers, directors, and senior leaders (VP, CLO, executive, etc.).
Technology discussed in this session:
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- National Learning Specialist - Instructional Design
King of Prussia, PA
- Instructional Designer
- eLearning Instructional Designer
- Content Writer
- Learning & Performance Analyst
Oklahoma City, OK