- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
Who Said Choosing an LMS Is Easy? R-F-Please!
Learning Solutions Conference & Expo 2017 - March 22, 2017
Education Technology Specialist, Program Leader
St. Michael's Hospital
Going to RFP (request for proposal) for an LMS can be a daunting process. With all the special protocols, the nondisclosure agreements, and the thick cloud of secrecy that envelopes all parties involved, it can be frustrating and isolating. But once you accept that there’s no avoiding the pomp and circumstance of the process itself, you can begin to strategically position your company to choose the right LMS.
In this session, you’ll find out how best to avoid the common mistakes that can be made throughout the selection process. You’ll get tips that can help you effectively communicate your needs to vendors, and you’ll learn how to wade through sales pitches to successfully evaluate your requirements. While this session can’t completely solve the complexity of choosing an LMS, it can make the process easier to manage and more productive.
In this session, you will learn:
- What steps to take before the selection process begins
- How to determine what you really need vs. want in an LMS
- Whom to involve in the process
- How to write concise RFP requirements that will communicate what you want to your vendors
- How to make the most out of your vendor demonstrations
Novice to intermediate managers, directors, and senior leaders (VP, CLO, executive, etc.).
discussed in this session:
Learning management systems (LMSs).
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Learning and Development Specialist
- Instructional Designer I
- National Learning Specialist - Instructional Design
King of Prussia, PA
- Instructional Designer
- eLearning Instructional Designer