- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Persuasive Instruction: How Gamification and Other Strategies Increase Knowledge Transfer
Learning Solutions Conference & Expo 2017 - March 23, 2017
Chief Innovation Officer
Many L&D professionals have found that the traditional approach to online courses doesn’t always generate consistent quality when it comes to learning outcomes. Because of this, it’s tempting to try new approaches to solve this dilemma, such as gamification and other strategies. But without a deeper understanding of how to apply these new approaches in a meaningful way, you could end up just using superficial applications of them and miss out on their ability to increase knowledge transfer.
In this session, you’ll learn more about how Remote-Learner has been able to take persuasive technology and gamification techniques and align them to proven instructional design approaches. You’ll review the company’s research into the impact of designing with persuasive instructional strategies. You’ll then find out more about the methodology it used to design and develop learning experiences that leverage the strengths of gamification to support a true transfer of knowledge
In this session, you will learn:
- What Remote-Learner discovered in its research into persuasive instructional design
- How gamification can be used as a persuasive strategy
- How to go beyond surface applications to take advantage of gamification’s strengths in knowledge transfer
- What designing with the intent to persuade learners and support knowledge transfer can look like
- What Remote-Learner learned from designing eLearning using persuasive instructional strategies and implementing them using the Moodle platform
Novice to intermediate designers, developers, and managers.
discussed in this session:
Moodle and approved add-ons.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Coordinator Instructional Design (Team Lead)
- Instructional Designer - Johns Hopkins School of Nursing
- Instructional Designer
Fort Washington, PA
- Instructional Coordinator
New Britain, CT
- Training Evaluation Specialist