- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
How Science Fiction Can Help Make Your eLearning Better!
Learning Solutions Conference & Expo 2017 - March 22, 2017
Science fiction has always challenged people to see their world in new ways, from a glimpse at an imagined “long, long time ago in a galaxy far, far away” in Star Wars to envisioning a potential future centuries from now in Star Trek. Movies like The Matrix, Inception, Minority Report, Blade Runner, and so many others have proposed mind-blowing ideas like alternate realities, parallel universes, transporter beams, and time travel. One of the many reasons this genre is so popular is that it poses a wide range of “what-if” questions and allows its audience to play with possible answers. But these ideas can do more then just entertain you—they can also inspire your work in L&D.
In this session, you’ll explore the ways sci-fi can help you rethink how you create your content, and you’ll find out where L&D and sci-fi have some fascinating points of crossover. Come learn how to create truly engaging eLearning by applying the best ideas of sci-fi to your eLearning designs, and have fun while doing it.
In this session, you will learn:
- New approaches to find the best “what-if” ideas and determine whether they can help you reach your learners
- How to engage learners with storylines that you can borrow from the best sci-fi
- Practical ways to apply concepts from science fiction to your eLearning designs
Novice and intermediate designers and developers.
discussed in this session:
The concepts in this session are tool agnostic.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Enterprise LMS Administrator
- Instructional Design Coordinator
Oak Brook, IL
- eLearning Developer
Albany, New York, USA
- Instructional Designer - Global Sales Development
Costa Mesa, CA or remote
- Instructional Designer / Digital Product Development