- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
That’s a Wrap! Contextualizing Curated Content
Learning Solutions Conference & Expo 2017 - March 23, 2017
Instructional Designer/Program Manager
Content curation is all the rage, but what does it mean, really? There are different types of curation strategies that work differently in different organizations. The strategy you adopt affects scoping of your design and development work. It also affects the level of effort required to contextualize it to your learners so that it is relevant and meaningful to them and changes their performance, in their role, in your company.
In this session, you will explore how content curation can become a part of the entire performance improvement picture. You will see how to present content curation as a meaningful part of the learning portfolio, and you will learn the approaches that have worked so you can immediately take them back and apply them in your workplace.
In this session, you will learn:
- How to describe the different types of curated content, internal and external, and how the type of content will drive how you can use it
- How to apply a simplified model for assessing how curated content fits into your overall learning strategy
- How to scope the design and development work when using curated content to make it relevant in your organization
- How to explain research and citation etiquette, legal considerations for using curated content as part of your learning plans
- How to identify strategies for contextualizing curated content for your organization
Novice to advanced designers, developers, project managers, managers, and directors.
Technology discussed in this session:
SharePoint and sites with public domain content, including YouTube, SlideShare, Creative Commons, and others.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Content Writer
- Learning & Performance Analyst
Oklahoma City, OK
- Learning Experience Manager, Technology & Operations
Foster City, CA
- Technical Training Specialist
Reading, PA (Can be any Company location in N. America)
- Instructional Designer