- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
Moving to the Learning and Performance Ecosystem: Organizational Transformation at the US National Park Service
Learning Solutions Conference & Expo 2017 - March 22, 2017
National Park Service
The National Park Service (NPS) had a milestone year in 2016. That centennial year didn’t just kick off a second century of stewardship of America's national parks—it also catalyzed a renewed focus for the NPS on employees. To better address the challenges this group faced, the NPS decided to shift its L&D paradigm to a broader learning and performance ecosystem approach.
In this case study session, you’ll explore the integration of ecosystem theory and practice as you learn how the NPS has worked with internal and external partners to transform from a traditional, training-based approach to a multifaceted ecosystem approach. You’ll learn more about why an ecosystem approach works, how to develop an ecosystem solution for your organization, and how to measure its success. You’ll walk away with lessons learned about ecosystem planning and implementation, as well as practical advice for getting started.
In this session, you will learn:
- How a learning and performance ecosystem approach aligns with contemporary challenges and opportunities for organizations, teams, and individuals
- How to build new capabilities to develop, manage, and measure the impact of ecosystem solutions
- How to mobilize the L&D community and its key stakeholders and customers around transforming the way we approach learning and development
- How to initiate the change with pilot projects and strong sponsorship
Novice and intermediate designers, managers, directors, and senior leaders (VP, CLO, executives, etc.).
Technology discussed in this session:
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- National Learning Specialist - Instructional Design
King of Prussia, PA
- Instructional Designer
- eLearning Instructional Designer
- Content Writer
- Learning & Performance Analyst
Oklahoma City, OK