- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
BYOL: What You Need to Know to Build Learning Games in Captivate
FocusOn Learning 2017 Conference & Expo - June 20, 2017
You want to make sure your learners are engaged, and you have an idea for a learning game that will help you achieve that goal. You know that it needs to be focused on the content and the learner’s needs and not something you’re going to throw in just for fun. You’re excited to build this, and you think you will be able to repurpose it for other lessons, learners, and content. Suddenly, you hit a wall because you haven’t acquired the higher-order skills in Captivate yet. What, exactly, do you need to know?
This session will focus on the elements in Adobe Captivate that you need to know to create a learning game. We will go under the hood of a Captivate-created learning game to better understand the functions and features leveraged to make it work. You will learn more about the role of variables and actions, how and why decision points were made, and the design behind the development.
In this session, you will learn:
- How a game is planned and designed
- How to determine what kinds of media and interactivity you need
- How to use variables and actions to track game progress and levels
- How to create decision points and navigation branching
- How to use your superior skills to make eLearning something learners love!
Novice to intermediate designers and developers.
Technology discussed in this session:
A laptop running the latest version of Captivate (a trial version is okay).
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Desginer - II
Los Angeles, California
- Sr. Learning Technology Liaison - Travelers Insurance
- TECHNOLOGY ENABLED LEARNING PROJECT SPECIALIST
- Learning Technology Support
- Instructional Designer/Learning Program Manager