- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Green Screen Techniques for Effective Chroma Key
FocusOn Learning 2017 Conference & Expo - June 21, 2017
Public Education Program Developer
Oregon Occupational Safety and Health Administration
Have you seen videos where a green screen or blue screen wasn’t used properly? There’s a thin green line around the edge of the actor or a green hue on their clothes, which makes the video less authentic and usable. Filming someone on a green screen can be a challenging aspect of video production.
In this session, you’ll explore methods for using chroma key effectively in your production. You’ll see examples of good keys, as well as costly mistakes to avoid. To begin, you will create a straightforward game plan: setting up the camera, positioning lights and actors, selecting the right green screen material, and completing the effect in your editing software. This is a hands-on approach, so be prepared to help set up a green screen!
In this session, you will learn:
- About the basics of green screen
- How to light a green screen
- How to remove the green screen in editing
- How to set up a green screen
- How to light actors in front of the green screen
- About the correct camera settings for green screen
Novice to intermediate designers, developers, project managers, and managers.
discussed in this session:
Light stands, green screen material, the Blackmagic Production Camera, and LED video lights.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Training Assistant (LMS)
New York, NY, USA
- E-learning Instructional Designer/LMS Specialist wanted
- Training Development Specialist
- Training Developer (Instructional Designer)
Los Angeles, CA/USA
- Distance Education Program Manager