- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
Scripting Effective Visual Directions for Your Videos
FocusOn Learning 2017 Conference & Expo - June 21, 2017
Visual directions provide the framework upon which producers, editors, and animators base their content production, and many IDs introduced to today’s expanding eLearning departments lack familiarity with and experience in writing targeted visual directions for video scripts. This can result in increased costs in the form of ongoing revisions and can undermine the quality of the final product.
In this session, you will learn strategies and best practices designed to improve the effectiveness of script-based visual directions. These strategies will increase IDs’ success when adding targeted visual directions to SME materials, and they will increase interdepartmental collaboration among producers, editors, and animators in order to create a more effective and visually engaging educational product. You will also discover some best practices for adding targeted visual directions to video scripts, including strategies for adding storyboarding elements to assist with script-based visual direction.
In this session, you will learn:
- Writing strategies for composing effective visual directions for video scripts
- Storyboarding best practices that assist producers, editors, and animators
- Scene tagging strategies that ensure variety and engagement throughout instructional videos
- Production strategies that increase efficiencies and minimize cost overruns
Novice to intermediate designers, developers, project managers, and managers.
Technology discussed in this session:
Computers, tablets, mobile devices, YouTube, Adobe After Effects, and Adobe Photoshop.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Design Coordinator
Oak Brook, IL
- eLearning Developer
Albany, New York, USA
- Instructional Designer - Global Sales Development
Costa Mesa, CA or remote
- Instructional Designer / Digital Product Development
- Instructional Designer (Epic)