- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Creating High-Quality Software Tutorials on a Budget
FocusOn Learning 2017 Conference & Expo - June 21, 2017
Head of Training
Many professionals developing eLearning content focus on SCORM or static content. Video is often thought of as an expensive and difficult modality, and is outsourced to agencies and external production houses. It’s so helpful for teaching others to use software, yet there is a fear of getting started with video and committing valuable time and resources to its creation. Constant changes in software interfaces add to these concerns.
In this session, you will learn how to create video for software tutorials in five steps without breaking the bank. With this workflow and the proper planning, you’ll have no problem introducing video into your training strategy. The session will cover helpful techniques for improving the quality of your production with each step, and introduce affordable planning, recording, and editing technologies to keep your process as efficient and agile as possible. You’ll receive resources to help you with the process as you try it yourself.
In this session, you will learn:
- A framework for creating software tutorial videos from start to finish
- An easy, step-by-step process for producing your next video
- How to best plan for video creation so it’s a fast, enjoyable process
- About resources for improving your video development skills
- Tips for creating video when the software you’re supporting changes frequently
Novice to intermediate designers, developers, project managers, and managers.
discussed in this session:
Smartsheet/Excel Gantt charts, Blue Microphones’ Snowball and Yeti microphones, Camtasia, ScreenFlow for Mac, Wistia video hosting, and content hosting platforms.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Designer
- Learning Experience Designer
- Learning Manager E-Learning - East Coast US
East Coast, USA
- Medical Billing Trainer
Fort Washington, PA
- Part-Time Instructional Designer/eLearning Developer
Boston, MA, USA