- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Moving from Paper to Tablets in Classroom Training: A Case Study
FocusOn Learning 2017 Conference & Expo - June 21, 2017
Sr. Learning Strategist
Pacific Gas & Electric
Each year, PG&E Academy was spending nearly $1 million on printing costs to support required instructor-led training programs. Large binders of student materials had to be manually updated, and often would never be referenced again after training. PG&E Academy was driving to web-based training (WBT) and blended solutions that could leverage mobile devices; however, the organization needed to cover the costs of student tablets for use back on the job.
In this session, you will learn how mobile workbook cost savings paved the way for mobile devices to be rolled out to employees, enabling other mobile training and support programs. You’ll learn about the mobile workbook program, how it was implemented, and the tools needed for its development. You’ll also learn how the other mobile training initiatives, such as mobile WBT and field exams, benefited from getting mobile devices into the field. Finally, you’ll receive tips on identifying the right audience, easing the transition to mobile, and gathering metrics and feedback.
In this session, you will learn:
- How multiple mobile initiatives, including workbooks, training, assessments, and job aids, can be aligned as mobile use grows
- About calculating the cost savings and other program benefits of going digital
- About the change management requirements in moving from paper-based to digital workbooks
- About the operational needs before, during, and after the classes using iPads
- About the conversion of instructor-led materials to mobile devices
Novice developers and project managers.
discussed in this session:
iPad, Smart Utility Systems, apps for taking course notes, Adobe Acrobat, Author-it, and Metrics that Matter (survey tool).
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Training Assistant (LMS)
New York, NY, USA
- E-learning Instructional Designer/LMS Specialist wanted
- Training Development Specialist
- Training Developer (Instructional Designer)
Los Angeles, CA/USA
- Distance Education Program Manager