- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
Understanding the Terminology and Scope of Mobile Learning
FocusOn Learning 2017 Conference & Expo - June 20, 2017
The mobile learning landscape is continually growing and shifting. As intimidating as those changes may be, organizations must be prepared to formulate and execute strategies to harness this growing technology. An understanding of the various devices, the appropriate content, the impact of mobile on traditional training and development, and how to make a business case for mobile in your organization are of key importance in navigating today’s mobile learning landscape.
In this session, you will explore the mobile learning landscape. You will discuss the various types of mobile devices and how these affect your training approach. Additionally, you will explore optimal content types for mobile learning, and the connected discussion around mobile design approaches and the differences from traditional instructional design. Finally, you will help build the business case for mobile in your organization—the “why” of mLearning today!
In this session, you will learn:
- About the various types of mobile devices and how the differences affect your training approach
- Which types of content are optimal for mobile deployment
- How to make the business case for mobile, and why you should incorporate mobile into your organization’s strategy
- Approaches to mobile design, and how it may differ from your typical design process
- Ideal approaches to mobile development using tools you likely already have
- Common examples of mobile deployment and security
Novice to intermediate designers, developers, and managers.
discussed in this session:
Mobile devices such as smartphones, tablets, and laptops.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Design Coordinator
Oak Brook, IL
- eLearning Developer
Albany, New York, USA
- Instructional Designer - Global Sales Development
Costa Mesa, CA or remote
- Instructional Designer / Digital Product Development
- Instructional Designer (Epic)