- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
SMEs and Moment-of-Need Videos
FocusOn Learning 2017 Conference & Expo - June 21, 2017
According to the “Five Moments of Need” model set forth by Bob Mosher and Conrad Gottfredson, there are moments when a learner requires certain bits of information in order to perform assigned tasks more efficiently and effectively. Just-in-time video is a great solution for those moments. But who will create those videos?
In this session, you’ll explore how subject matter experts (SMEs) can create short, just-in-time performance support videos for specific conditions or situations in which people require instruction or assistance. You will see a demonstration of the production process and receive a roadmap for success.
In this session, you will learn:
- About the process that makes the best use of everyone’s time
- How to fit the moment-of-need model into your organization
- How to identify the right approach for each moment of need
- About a concrete example to share with your SME team
- Tips for coaching and support
Novice to intermediate designers, developers, and project managers.
discussed in this session:
Video production and process.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
You do not have access to this video. Please log in or join with a free membership to view this video.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Designer for Learning Platforms and Universal
Hamilton, NY, USA
- Distance Education Program Manager
Albany, New York, USA
- Learning Designers/Developers/Project Managers
- Sr. e-Learning Developer
- Technical Training and Development Specialist
Bedford, MA, USA