- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Re-Envisioning Gamification: The PBLs Are Dead. Long Live the PBLs.
FocusOn Learning 2017 Conference & Expo - June 21, 2017
In the beginning, gamification was shiny and new and full of promise. But its reputation quickly tarnished when people misused it as a quick fix to create learner engagement. There was too much focus on extrinsic rewards and on elements like points, badges, and leaderboards (PBLs) in ways devoid of meaning to the learner. But gamification is alive and well for those who dug deeper.
In this session, you will see how the application of a re-envisioned set of PBLs—pathways, bunches, and lodestones—can provide a fresh look at the topic and boost engagement and learning results. You’ll see that by rebooting your approach to gamification, you can help learners truly win through a process of leveraging collaboration, providing better feedback and clearer goals, and promoting curiosity through better-designed experiences that keep the learner challenged.
In this session, you will learn:
- How to transform ideas from mobile games to course curriculum
- How creating clear pathways to progress can increase learner motivation
- How you can leverage micro-bundles of content to increase knowledge retention
- How to make your content more attractive in ways that will bring learners back again and again
Novice to advanced designers, developers, project managers, and managers.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Designer-Sales Training
- E-Learning Development Manager
- HR Analyst
Riverside, California, USA
- Instructional Designer
- Instructional Designer (Operational Systems Directorate)
Richland, WA, USA