- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
Using Game Mechanics to Design Serious Games
FocusOn Learning 2017 Conference & Expo - June 21, 2017
Senior Manager, L&D Strategy and Operations
Feeling like you can’t get past gamification? Tired of matching, memory, or Jeopardy-style games? Everyone hits creative road blocks. Maybe you see a great example of a learning game online, but feel held back creatively by learning objectives. How do you create a serious game while ensuring you meet your learning objectives?
In this session, you’ll learn about common game mechanics and how to apply them to serious games in learning. You’ll walk away with real gameplay and game-based learning examples that can achieve almost any learning objective.
In this session, you will learn:
- Why serious games perform better than gamification
- How to interpret game mechanics in gameplay
- How to apply game mechanics in your design
- How to achieve almost any learning objective with game-based learning
Intermediate and advanced designers and developers.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Design Coordinator
Oak Brook, IL
- eLearning Developer
Albany, New York, USA
- Instructional Designer - Global Sales Development
Costa Mesa, CA or remote
- Instructional Designer / Digital Product Development
- Instructional Designer (Epic)