- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
A Tale of Two Mobiles: Mobile Design Across Two Platforms
FocusOn Learning 2017 Conference & Expo - June 21, 2017
As instructional designers skilled in eLearning design begin offering mobile experiences to learners, the ways in which they approach instructional design and development need to change. What works for a full-screen desktop experience doesn’t work on a mobile phone. So how can you shift your thinking to consider things like screen experience and what that means to learners? And once you’ve considered new design concerns and approaches, what development platforms should you consider to make your mobile design come to life?
In this case study session, you’ll follow an instructional design and development team’s thought process and deliverables on a mobile course from start to finish. This course was originally designed for desktop only, but was then adapted to two different mobile development platforms (Adobe Captivate 9 and dominKnow Flow), leading to a total of three different user experience approaches. You’ll find out what the designers had to consider when adapting content to mobile; about the differences between how Captivate 9 and Flow approach the mobile experience; and how the team used user feedback to guide their choices. Apply these lessons to your own projects to save time and heartache along the way.
In this session, you will learn:
- About design considerations when moving from desktop to mobile and responsive screens
- What’s different about responsive screen development approaches and their development timelines
- How to select a development platform for mobile that will work for your project
- About the differences and similarities between mobile experiences in Adobe Captivate 9 and dominKnow Flow
Novice to advanced designers, developers, project managers, and managers.
discussed in this session:
Adobe Captivate 9 and dominKnow Flow.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Desginer - II
Los Angeles, California
- Sr. Learning Technology Liaison - Travelers Insurance
- TECHNOLOGY ENABLED LEARNING PROJECT SPECIALIST
- Learning Technology Support
- Instructional Designer/Learning Program Manager