- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
xAPI: A Swiss Army Knife to Craft Your Mobile Environment
FocusOn Learning 2017 Conference & Expo - June 21, 2017
Years of momentum have resulted in numerous use cases for teams seeking to leverage xAPI to better track, measure, and manage their mobile learning efforts. It’s clear that xAPI can improve the ways you create and deliver mobile content, track interactions, and measure performance. Armed with knowledge and the proverbial “Swiss Army knife” of xAPI functions, you can begin to “slice, saw, tweeze, and pick” your way through mobile training challenges.
In this session, you’ll discuss what xAPI really is, how statements are structured, and how it’s already being used to power mobile initiatives. You’ll explore how teams use xAPI and cmi5 to improve learning, streamline tracking, automate tasks, and drive engagement via modern authoring tools and an LRS—as well as how LMSs are undergoing transformations to support these trends. You’ll also look at the basic challenges teams face in implementing xAPI. Finally, you’ll learn how authoring tools, LMS platforms, mobile apps, and IoT endpoints are being connected to leverage the power of xAPI.
In this session, you will learn:
- About the basic structural and design tenets of an xAPI-based solution and the best-practice approach to implementing those solutions
- About new use cases that can show how to apply tracking to non-traditional learning assignments and interactions
- What technical challenges you’ll need to overcome with LMS integration, security, mobile (when offline), and more
- How to determine the best authoring tools and learning platforms to take advantage of xAPI
- The importance of cmi5 and its future impact on learning
Novice to intermediate designers, developers, and managers.
discussed in this session:
Experience API (xAPI), content authoring tools, integrated and remote learning record stores (LRSs), and mobile technology.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Digital Learning Specialist, Learning & Development, CS
Los Gatos, CA
- Instructional Designer / E-learning Developer
San Diego, CA
- Sales Engineer
Boston, MA pref; possible remote
- Instructional Designer (remote)
- Learning Designer