- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
Serious Game Secrets: Who? What? Why? Who Cares!
FocusOn Learning 2017 Conference & Expo - June 21, 2017
Many people in the eLearning realm are attempting to use gamification and serious games to spark employee engagement and drive learning retention. And while the intent is to make the best serious games that will enhance the learning objectives and help people retain content, unfortunately, they don’t always go as planned. Common issues with these unsuccessful serious games and gamified learning experiences include little to no planning, tough-to-pinpoint metrics, little to no implementation strategy, and insufficient or nonexistent post-deployment support. So what can you do to ensure your game-based project actually works?
In this session, you’ll discuss what makes a serious game a success or a failure. You’ll look at the proper steps to take throughout each phase of your project to ensure its effectiveness. This journey will include investigating best practices as well as highlighting common pain points throughout the development process and how to address them. You’ll leave this session with a better sense of not just why games can be a powerful tool for learning, but also what steps you’ll need to take to develop effective ones.
In this session, you will learn:
- What gets in the way of creating serious games that work
- Best practices to ensure successful implementation of a serious game
- About the first steps to take when creating serious games
- What other organizations’ serious game projects can teach you about the development process
Novice to intermediate designers, developers, managers, directors, and senior leaders (VP, CLO, executive, etc.).
discussed in this session:
Mobile games; motion tracking with Leap.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Desginer - II
Los Angeles, California
- Sr. Learning Technology Liaison - Travelers Insurance
- TECHNOLOGY ENABLED LEARNING PROJECT SPECIALIST
- Learning Technology Support
- Instructional Designer/Learning Program Manager