- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
Mobile Performance Support for Just-in-Time Problem Solving
FocusOn Learning 2017 Conference & Expo - June 22, 2017
Mobile and performance support seem like a perfect team. A just-in-time performance support system can improve efficiency, reduce errors, lessen the need for upfront training, and even improve morale; and mobile devices have tremendous potential to help workers solve problems on the go. That said, designing a mobile performance support solution requires a different mindset and approach than designing traditional training. So how can you best use this pairing to improve performance?
In this session, you’ll see how a design process built around the audience and goals can lead to the creation of successful performance support products. You’ll explore a specific case study: a mobile system that includes video, a search component, and advice on common problems and how to best diagnose and solve them. Along with the case study, you’ll learn more about a design and development process that can help you quickly get from wondering how you can best use mobile to actually creating effective, just-in-time mobile performance support yourself.
In this session, you will learn:
- When to consider a performance support approach rather than training
- How to gather content from subject matter experts and craft it into an effective performance support system
- How to incorporate different contexts and use cases into the design of a mobile product
- How to follow a mobile design process that focuses on performance goals
Novice to advanced designers, developers, project managers, managers, and directors.
discussed in this session:
Smartphones and tablets; brief references to PhoneGap (a cross-platform app development platform).
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- eLearning Instructional Designer
- Content Writer
- Learning & Performance Analyst
Oklahoma City, OK
- Learning Experience Manager, Technology & Operations
Foster City, CA
- Technical Training Specialist
Reading, PA (Can be any Company location in N. America)