- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Encore Session: Strategies for Creating Single-Source, Multipurpose Learning Content
FocusOn Learning 2017 Conference & Expo - June 22, 2017
Chris Van Wingerden
VP Learning Solutions
New for FocusOn this year! This is a popular session being offered twice. It's also available as session 714.
In the past, the self-paced content created by L&D often took the form of eLearning courses. But there’s a growing recognition that more learning takes place outside an organization’s LMS than in it. As a result, learning content—and the time and effort that goes into it—needs to be more flexible in order to be effective as it performs the critical role of supporting both formal and informal learning.
In this session, you’ll focus on how to design and create content for use on any device, no matter where your audience is. This approach allows you to provide content in the manner your audience needs it most—whether they need formal learning, such as courses in your LMS, or informal learning opportunities like performance support, job aids, or knowledge bases. You’ll review instructional design processes to guide you through planning for single-source, multipurpose content, as well as development strategies to ensure that people can find and use this content no matter what device they use.
In this session, you will learn:
- About strategies that can help you evaluate what your audience really needs in order to carry out their roles
- About instructional design approaches to help you plan for single-source, multipurpose content to meet these needs
- Strategies to develop and deliver this content
- How to kick-start a learning and development process in your organization that supports single-source, multipurpose content creation
Novice to intermediate designers, developers, and managers.
discussed in this session:
Numerous mobile devices.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Designer
- SuccessFactors LMS Administrator.
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
- Project Manager
- Instructional Designer/Developer
Remote (or Chapel Hill, NC)
- Senior Software Engineer - Node - eLearning company