- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Essentials of UX Design for Performance Support
FocusOn Learning 2017 Conference & Expo - June 22, 2017
The role of the learning developer is expanding in scope and responsibility. Today’s learning professionals need to understand how to use mobile devices to deliver useful content at the time of need. They have to consider the complete user experience, including user context, device capabilities, mobile interface design, and audience personas. And they have to understand how all of these variables translate into a memorable experience for their audience.
This session will present foundational strategy and guidelines for effective user experience design for mobile and other new platforms, including hands-free devices such as watches and smart glasses. The session will examine how user-centered design can produce training deliverables that resonate with your audience. You’ll explore the importance of context and how it should impact your UX choices, as well as new technologies and design disciplines that can influence your UX, such as industrial design and deep learning. You’ll also hear about the UX lessons learned from real-world case studies in mobile and performance support projects.
In this session, you will learn:
- Essential principles for effective user-centered design
- How to analyze and evaluate what your target audience needs from your UX
- How the environment affects the user experience, and how to design for the right context
- About the wide variety of mobile device capabilities that enhance UX
- What effective UX looks like in real examples of augmented reality performance support
Intermediate to advanced designers, developers, and managers.
discussed in this session:
Handheld mobile devices (smartphones, tablets); wearable devices (glasses, watches, sensors, headsets); and augmented reality performance support.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Designer
- SuccessFactors LMS Administrator.
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
- Project Manager
- Instructional Designer/Developer
Remote (or Chapel Hill, NC)
- Senior Software Engineer - Node - eLearning company