- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
What Training Can Learn from VR Games
FocusOn Learning 2017 Conference & Expo - June 20, 2017
Executive Vice President and Executive Director
The eLearning Guild
After years of existing mostly in the world of science fiction, virtual reality is finally ready for its close-up. With VR normalizing itself within the consumer culture, the interest in using these technologies for learning and performance is growing. But where can curious learning professionals go to learn more about the power and potential of VR? The answer is simple: gaming.
In this session, you will explore how the world of VR gaming is shaping VR’s use for training. You will examine not only how VR gaming is creating new types of experiences, but also how it is transforming existing game paradigms. You will look at multiple examples of VR in gaming, and examine lessons for the training world in each example. You will also learn some of the questions to ask to determine whether VR is right for your organization.
In this session, you will learn:
- How the gaming world is blazing a path for VR
- About the lessons for trainers that are present in VR gaming
- How to determine whether VR is right for your organization
- How early adopters are using VR for L&D
Novice to advanced designers, project managers, managers, and directors.
Technology discussed in
Oculus Rift, HTC Vive, and PlayStation VR.
You do not have access to this video. Please log in or join to view this video.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Sr. Learning Technology Liaison - Travelers Insurance
- TECHNOLOGY ENABLED LEARNING PROJECT SPECIALIST
- Learning Technology Support
- Instructional Designer/Learning Program Manager
- LMS Content Administration Specialist
Gaithersburg, Maryland, USA