- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Where Are the Wearables?
FocusOn Learning 2017 Conference & Expo - June 21, 2017
Smartphones are well regarded as the “go-to gadget” for knowledge workers in the modern workplace, and learners increasingly rely on them to interact with learning communities and access developmental resources. But what technologies lie beyond the smartphone that can accelerate learning and engage your audience?
According to industry analysts, the growth of the “wearables” market—spanning wristwear, headwear, eyewear, footwear, and more—will dwarf the learning market over the next five years, as intelligent devices of all sizes and purposes appear as logical endpoints in a hyper-connected world. Many of these devices have already arrived and are starting to reshape how employees interact and engage with co-workers, managers, organizations, and customers. Join this session to see how progressive teams are applying wearables to learning in intuitive and innovative ways.
In this session, you will learn:
- About the emerging wearables market and how these connected devices are changing the ways people communicate and connect
- About the myriad challenges surrounding the introduction and use of wearables for learning, including access, security, integration, and user adoption
- How to assess your own organization’s readiness to introduce wearables into your learning programs
- About practical use cases that leverage the power and convenience of wearables to deliver learning in the moment of need
Novice to advanced designers, developers, project managers, managers, and directors.
in this session:
Smartphones, smartwatches, Internet of Things (IoT), augmented reality/virtual reality, and machine learning.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
You do not have access to this video. Please log in or join with a free membership to view this video.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Designer
- SuccessFactors LMS Administrator.
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
- Project Manager
- Instructional Designer/Developer
Remote (or Chapel Hill, NC)
- Senior Software Engineer - Node - eLearning company