- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Story and Structure: The Simplest, Yet Hardest, Challenge with Video
FocusOn Learning 2017 Conference & Expo - June 20, 2017
Thanks to the increase in easy-to-use tools and software, everyone now has access to cost-effective tools to create animations and video. Unfortunately, just because content is shared as a video doesn’t magically make it great, and these simple tools can also create a flood of ineffective and boring video content. If you’re not careful, weak content can kill the implementation of video in your organization and cause your audience to dread yet another bad video.
In this session, you’ll look at the simplest, yet hardest, thing to do with video: crafting a compelling structure and story for your content. You’ll go through the process of learning to quickly identify key messages and themes, build out a proper structure, then turn it into a compelling video. You’ll also take a closer look at how you can use the visual aspect of video to strengthen your storytelling and streamline your content. You’ll leave this session knowing how to make the videos you create both more entertaining and better at conveying the information your audience needs.
In this session, you will learn:
- Why taking time to craft a strong story and structure makes your videos more effective
- How you can create a compelling story
- What animation and film principles can make a story more compelling and make the video shorter
- How to use visuals in place of dialogue and narration
- What visual styles and themes work best for educational videos
Novice to advanced designers, developers, project managers, managers, and directors.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Designer
- SuccessFactors LMS Administrator.
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
- Project Manager
- Instructional Designer/Developer
Remote (or Chapel Hill, NC)
- Senior Software Engineer - Node - eLearning company