- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Enhancing Your eLearning with Video Integration
FocusOn Learning 2017 Conference & Expo - June 20, 2017
Multimedia Instructional Designer
Have you heard the saying “If a picture is worth a thousand words, a video is worth a million”? Video content can explain very complex concepts, but usually lacks good navigation or interactivity. eLearning, on the other hand, delivers a great user experience, but often comes up short at conveying meaning with just words and pictures. Combining eLearning with video can give you the best of both worlds.
In this session, you will learn how to take large, unmanageable videos, break them into useful segments, and knit them into an eLearning template. You will discover how this enables your audience to navigate your content in a meaningful, organized fashion. Along the way, you’ll see how mixing different types of video content, such as conceptual and step-by-step instructions, with interactive elements can enhance the learning experience. You’ll also look at how to manage different types of content you receive from your team members and keep track of all the various elements as you produce your final product.
In this session, you will learn:
- How to use Camtasia Studio to take a large video and publish many smaller files
- How to build a Storyline template that seamlessly displays multiple videos in a specific order
- How to add navigation elements (next/previous buttons, chapter tabs) that allow a user to navigate to any part of your video content
- How content providers, who don’t have experience using an eLearning development tool, can provide video content for use in the final product
- Tips for getting various media elements (audio, screen recordings, graphics) from different members of your team
- How variables allow you to build a template that you can use to easily produce courses with varying numbers of videos
- How mixing content of different types (Camtasia, GoAnimate) works to enhance the learning experience
Novice to intermediate designers, developers, and project managers.
discussed in this session:
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
You do not have access to this video. Please log in or join with a free membership to view this video.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Designer
- SuccessFactors LMS Administrator.
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
- Project Manager
- Instructional Designer/Developer
Remote (or Chapel Hill, NC)
- Senior Software Engineer - Node - eLearning company