- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
From Research to Reality: Building a Holistic Gamification Strategy
FocusOn Learning 2017 Conference & Expo - June 21, 2017
Chief Learning Architect
Gamification is not just a trend. It works—when done well. Unfortunately, many organizations get caught up in the “let’s gamify everything” hype and fail to properly align game mechanics to meaningful objectives. L&D professionals continue to face stakeholder and employee objections when attempting to introduce game-based concepts. They also run into conflicting priorities when multiple game ideas are implemented without a holistic vision for employee engagement.
In this session, you’ll explore real-world examples of how reputable organizations are effectively applying gamification and realizing measurable business impact. You’ll dig into a variety of game mechanics and explore how you can best use them to drive employee engagement. You’ll discuss common objections to game-based concepts and share both talking points and data to help L&D professionals overcome these challenges. You’ll examine simple ways to prove the potential of gamification in your organization before making a considerable investment. And you’ll learn a set of best principles to help you drive gamification impact over the long term.
In this session, you will learn:
- Why much of the existing gamification research fails to reflect real-world potential
- How to leverage the right game mechanics to achieve your learning objectives
- How casual gameplay can facilitate user engagement during learning experiences
- How to sell your stakeholders and employees on the concept of gamification
Novice to intermediate designers, developers, project managers, and managers.
discussed in this session:
Axonify, Confluence, Duolingo, Gamify, and Swarm.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Design Coordinator
Oak Brook, IL
- eLearning Developer
Albany, New York, USA
- Instructional Designer - Global Sales Development
Costa Mesa, CA or remote
- Instructional Designer / Digital Product Development
- Instructional Designer (Epic)