- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
Using Video to Evoke an Emotional Connection in Training
FocusOn Learning 2017 Conference & Expo - June 20, 2017
At one point or another, you’ve probably been forced to endure some kind of training that made you want to pull your hair out. You click through the slides as fast as you can, or you stare blankly at the lecturer reading bullet points from each slide. What if you could transform those mandated training programs into something engaging and entertaining instead?
In this session, you will explore how you can use video content to evoke an emotional connection between the audience and the class material. By examining a case study of diversity and inclusion training, you’ll explore how a few minutes of video can turn a subject that might otherwise be boring into one that is engaging and memorable. You will leave this session understanding when it is best to integrate video content into existing training, and when to develop entirely new training programs around videos.
In this session, you will learn:
- About the importance of audience engagement
- How to foster an emotional connection between your audience and your subject matter
- The basics of shooting an interview with a DSLR camera
- How you can use video and audio editing tools to edit and augment existing content
Novice to advanced designers, developers, project managers, managers, and directors.
discussed in this session:
Adobe Premiere, Adobe After Effects, Adobe Audition, and basic DSLR videography.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- eLearning Instructional Designer
- Content Writer
- Learning & Performance Analyst
Oklahoma City, OK
- Learning Experience Manager, Technology & Operations
Foster City, CA
- Technical Training Specialist
Reading, PA (Can be any Company location in N. America)