- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
VR in the Enterprise: What Works and What Doesn’t
Realities360 2017 Conference & Expo - July 26, 2017
Chief Commercial Officer and CLO
In mainstream corporate learning, there is a lack of use cases for (and general knowledge of) applying virtual reality technology to help enhance learning outcomes. What works? What does not work? What have companies learned to date? How can you use VR most effectively in the enterprise? And why is VR, unlike the eLearning model, “community-based” and not vendor-driven?
In this session, you will examine real-life use cases to learn what other companies are using VR for in corporate learning, what mistakes they have made, and what successes they have found. You will gain an understanding of VR immersive learning for both individuals and groups (“multi-play”). You will see multi-play learning that involves learners in different countries in the same scenario at the same time, and you’ll examine problem-solving performance challenges. You will also learn the differences between manufacturers’ headsets to aid your understanding of the types of VR experiences you can produce.
In this session, you will learn:
- What has worked to date
- About common mistakes to avoid
- What truly immersive learning is
- What skills your team needs in order to utilize VR
- How VR overcomes cognitive load
- About the forthcoming VR technology enhancements
- How VR learning data can inform the business
- How others in corporate learning are using VR
Novice to advanced designers, developers, project managers, managers, and directors.
discussed in this session:
Immerse platform, HTC Vive headset and controllers, HTC Vive Tracker, VR sensors, Oculus Rift, Google Daydream, Samsung Gear, and haptic gloves.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Desginer - II
Los Angeles, California
- Sr. Learning Technology Liaison - Travelers Insurance
- TECHNOLOGY ENABLED LEARNING PROJECT SPECIALIST
- Learning Technology Support
- Instructional Designer/Learning Program Manager