- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
Wayfinding, Storytelling, and Structuring Interaction in VR
Realities360 2017 Conference & Expo - July 28, 2017
Navigating larger-scale virtual spaces presents difficulties for learners. The difficulties and the solutions parallel those in eLearning but take unique forms in VR. How do learners know where they are? How do learners know where to go or look next? How can multiple paths be presented and organized?
In this session, you will look to architecture, web, and eLearning design for wayfinding solutions in virtual reality. You will learn a variety of spatial, visual, and storytelling strategies to help direct the learner and minimize extraneous load. You will explore alternate solutions to wayfinding issues and leave with a toolkit of strategies to use in various situations.
In this session, you will learn:
- About the unique wayfinding issues that VR presents
- How to examine wayfinding strategies used in eLearning and web design
- How to contrast wayfinding strategies in architecture
- About spatial and visual strategies for situating VR users
Novice to advanced designers, developers, and directors.
discussed in this session:
A variety of wayfinding solutions in a pair of Unity-developed examples for HTC Vive and mobile VR.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join to download these files.
You do not have access to this video. Please log in or join to view this video.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Desginer - II
Los Angeles, California
- Sr. Learning Technology Liaison - Travelers Insurance
- TECHNOLOGY ENABLED LEARNING PROJECT SPECIALIST
- Learning Technology Support
- Instructional Designer/Learning Program Manager