- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
BYOL: Augmented Reality on a Budget
Realities360 2017 Conference & Expo - July 26, 2017
Multimedia Design Manager
Sr. Manager of Multimedia and Learning Technologies
Augmented reality is a trend that’s now becoming more tangible—along with the hardware that allows people to experience it. These shifts mean it’s increasingly important in L&D not only to understand how AR can work, but also to explore how to move forward and actually create content for this new medium. But for many departments facing limited budgets, it’s a challenge to create meaningful learning and performance support experiences in AR without having to spend a fortune on software, hardware, or developers.
Thankfully, creating effective AR experiences doesn’t have to be rocket science or break the bank. In this hands-on session, you’ll find out how you can begin creating custom AR content right now. In less than one hour, you’ll learn how to leverage budget-friendly tools like the Unity game engine and the Vuforia AR platform to develop your own simple augmented reality application. This session will help you create your own basic AR solutions and give you a jumping-off point for building your AR development skills even further.
In this session, you will learn:
- What kinds of augmented reality experiences are easy and inexpensive to design
- How to create simple AR applications right now, without any time or money investments up front
- How to start developing with the free Unity 3-D game engine
- How to begin using the Vuforia AR platform
Novice designers and developers.
discussed in this session:
The Unity game engine and Vuforia augmented reality platform.
Laptop running Unity software.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Design Coordinator
Oak Brook, IL
- eLearning Developer
Albany, New York, USA
- Instructional Designer - Global Sales Development
Costa Mesa, CA or remote
- Instructional Designer / Digital Product Development
- Instructional Designer (Epic)