- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
Planning Your Realities: Increasing AR/VR Effectiveness with Context Analysis
Realities360 2017 Conference & Expo - July 27, 2017
Diana R Carl, LLC
When any technology is used for training or performance support, you want to make sure it’s actually effective. That’s why the impact needs to be examined through a performance lens to determine whether the technology really enables people to do their work better. This analysis of the context is increasingly important to the development and deployment of AR and VR.
In this session, you’ll examine the analysis and behind-the-scenes planning you’ll want to do for your AR and VR solutions. Based on work done in the fields of episodic context and human factors engineering, you’ll look at how these technologies can help or hinder people’s work, and how episodic context analysis can help you focus on configuring technology so that it blends with their work instead of getting in the way of it. You’ll also find out where AR and VR big data can be employed to provide more information about how the experience impacts the worker within their context. If you want a technology planning approach that helps people perform better and reduces risk, this session is for you.
In this session, you will learn:
- How AR and VR can either inhibit work or help users perform work
- What the research on situational awareness says about preparing AR and VR solutions
- How to perform an analysis of the moving context in which work is done, and how this impacts the information provided in an AR or VR experience
- How mobile collection of big data can provide designers important information about the impacts of VR and AR on work
Intermediate to advanced designers, developers, and managers.
discussed in this session:
The session will show examples of how tiles, mobile simulations, QR codes, and mobile AR applications have been structured using episodic context analysis.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Sr. Learning Technology Liaison - Travelers Insurance
- TECHNOLOGY ENABLED LEARNING PROJECT SPECIALIST
- Learning Technology Support
- Instructional Designer/Learning Program Manager
- LMS Content Administration Specialist
Gaithersburg, Maryland, USA